By Laura Bray
The Spring holidays and events mean it’s brunch season! Whether you are celebrating, Easter, Mother’s Day, or throwing a wedding shower, these felt egg cozies will keep your soft-boiled warm and toasty.
You will need:
- 9″ x 12″ craft cuts of Kunin® Felt Coordinates: 1 White Dot on Black, 1 Black Dot on White, 1 Silver Dot on White
- 18” Printed fabric or ribbon for top tab and cozy base.
- PDF Egg Cozy Pattern by Laura Bray Designs (PDF attached: Egg Cozy Pattern)
- Sewing machine and basic sewing supplies.
1. Print out and then cut out the pattern pieces from the PDF.
2. Pin the main pattern piece onto the felt and cut out. Note that you must cut two of the main egg cozy piece to create one cozy.
3. Pin the tab and base pieces to fabric of your choice and cut out. Note: You don’t have to use fabric! Another piece of felt works too!
4. Fold fabric base in half, wrong sides facing. Finger press. Open the piece, then fold edges toward pressed creased.
5. Stitch place fold around bottom edge of one side of the egg cozy piece. Use a sewing machine to stitch in place. Repeat on other side. Put two pieces aside.
6. Fold tab piece as instructed Step 4. Stitch the tab folds together.
7. Place egg cozy pieces together, right sides facing. Place tab at top on the curved side. Pin in place.
8. Stitch around outside of curved edge, using a ¼” seam allowance. DO NOT sew the bottom straight edge!
9. Turn out egg cozy so right sides face out and pull tab up.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
About Designer Laura Bray
Laura Bray lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband, their daughter, and a guinea pig named Oreo. She loves to create beautiful and functional projects with felt. To see more of her felt creations find them on our Kunin site and also on her blog at www.laurabraydesigns.com. You can also find her on Instagram at www.instagram.com/laurakbray.