Do you have any Paw Patrol fans in your life? My grandlittle girls love Paw Patrol so I put together a Pup inspired PJ Party for their weekend sleepover. I designed a quick and easy felt pup playhouse. My original plan was using a folding table, but it was too low. Light bulb moment, the girls were often playing under the eat in counter in the kitchen. It would be a perfect spot for a playhouse!
By adding hook and loop dots along the edge under the counter base the felt adhered to the hook portion easily and a playhouse began! (This playhouse project can be adapted to any free counter space or table.
You will need:
- 2 yards Kunin Classicfelt™: Ocean Blue
- 9″ x 12” craft cut Kunin Prestofelt™: 1 White
- 9″ x 12” craft cuts Kunin Classicfelt™: 1 White, 3 Candy Pink, 3 Pink, 1 Violet, 1 Lagoon
- 9″ x 12” craft cuts Kunin Coordinates: 2 White Dot on Pink
- 9″ x 12” craft cuts Kunin Corduroy: 2 White
- Sizzix® Die – Daisy by Laura Kelly
- Sizzix® Die – Heart by Laura Kelly
- Sizzix® Die – Flower by Eileen Hull™
- 3 yards White Pom Pom trim by Expo International
- Fabri-tac® by Beacon
- Sizzix® Big Shot, Sizzix® cutting pads, Scissors, Ruler, Pins, Marker, Chalk and Paper
- Download pattern here for Paw Print and Bone
1. Making the paw prints: Print and cut out pattern. Draw paw prints on back of Prestofelt. (One sheet equals nine sets of paw prints.)
2. Die cut a heart and six daisy flowers from the pink felts. Peel off backing from paw prints and add to heart and flower centers.
3. Use bone pattern to cut out four bones, two for each pair of shutters.
4. Die cut two sets of smaller flowers from pink, lagoon, violet and white.
5. Measure length and height of counter or table. My counter is 37” high so the 36” width of felt was a perfect length. The two yards cut in half left a 12” opening in the center for a doorway.
6. Windows: Measure in 12” from one edge and 12” down from top. Using a 9” x 12” craft cut as a pattern, place a corner of the 9“x 12” where the two measurements intersect. Draw around felt piece to make the window. Cut window opening. Repeat for second piece.
7. Cut a corduroy felt piece in half and trim off ends for window shutters. Glue a dog bone to the center of each shutter piece. Glue a shutter piece to either side of the windows.
8. Put flower pieces together and glue a flower centered above each window.
9. Glue paw print flowers to either side of doorway opening. Glue pom pom trim along top edge of pup house pieces. Use hook and loop dots to adhere paw print heart to center of house.
10. I used extra pieces to decorate a table cloth for the PJ party.
The grandlittle girls love the play house, I added a string of lights and bath mats for rugs along with pillows and their Paw Patrol cozy blankets. Now I have more ideas to make some other fun paly houses for every holiday and for their favorite movies like Frozen.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and Corduroy non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Create with Kunin!