Fall and Halloween are two of my favorite times of the year because that means one thing – pumpkins, bats, and candy! I’m always looking for a fun, creative fall craft to make with my students. These DIY Halloween bats are perfect for hanging in your classroom, and they are something your students will definitely enjoy making!
You Will Need:
- 9″ x 12” craft cuts Kunin Classicfelt™ in Black, White, Candy Pink and Purple
- Googly Eyes
- Fiskar Scissors
- Adhesive (Hot glue works the best)
- Ellison SureCut Die – Handprint, Child (Basic Beginnings) – Large
- Sizzix Bigz Die – Circle 4″ (Requires adapter pad with Prestige Pro Machine)
- Ellison Prestige Pro Machine
1. Trace your student’s hand on a piece of 9″ x 12” craft cuts of Kunin Classicfelt™ in Black using a fabric marker. Repeat this step until you have 2 hands for the bat’s wings. If you are limited on time, I recommend using your Ellison Prestige Pro Machine and Ellison SureCut Die – Handprint, Child (Basic Beginnings) – Large to die cut each hand using 9″ x 12” craft cuts of Kunin Classicfelt™ in Black.
3. Adhere the hands to the base of your bat. Add googly eyes, a mouth, and a nose to your bat.
This craft is the perfect opportunity for students to express their creativity in a fun and engaging way! It is also a perfect way to get your students excited about all the Halloween festivities! Happy Halloween!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.