Cookie season is coming up in a few months. Our troop likes to plan early and get a head start on booth decorations and planning. This year our girls want to do a theme of “A Cookie for Everyone” so I whipped up this garland for our next meeting to celebrate the start of our marketing and budgeting plans. Yes, cookie selling for Girl Scouts is all about learning how to work with goals, finances and dreams.
To create this garland, you will need the following materials:
- 12″ x 18″ craft cuts of Kunin PremiumFelt: Cashmere Tan, Walnut, White, Kelly Green
- Sewing Machine
- Ribbon or Ric-Rac
1. Start by cutting out your cookies. The girls can do this. There really is no wrong way so whatever they do will be great. Use a small plate as a pattern to trace a cookie circle.
2. Sew the pieces together to make the felt cookies.
3. Sew the cookies to banner pieces. I used Sizzix Big Banner die to create the ones shown.
4. Sew your banner pieces to a long piece of ribbon or ric-rac.
You can create this garland to be any length and any size. If you want a small one for a wagon, use smaller cut outs. If you want a giant one for the size of a parade float, make them huge.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Cheers to Supporting Girls in Their Goals,