By Laura Bray
Make a stack of these unique felt and watercolor notecards and you’ll always have something beautiful on hand to send to the people you love.
- 9″ x 12″ craft cuts of Kunin Classicfelt™: Yellow, Gold, Apple Green
- 12” x 18” craft cuts of Kunin Premiumfelt™: Lagoon, Candy Pink
- Flower shaped die and die cutting machine
- Watercolor paper
- Watercolor paint and brushes
- Craft glue
1. Using a die cut machine and flower dies cut flower shapes from felt. No dies? That’s okay! Just cut your own flowers freehand! You can find a tutorial for handmaking felt flowers here.
3. Arrange the felt flower shapes on the watercolor paper until you find an arrangement you like. Do not glue them down! Once you have an arrangement you like, lightly sketch leaves around the flowers. Remove the flowers from the watercolor paper. TIP: If you don’t think you’ll remember the placement of the flowers, take a photo to reference later.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
About Designer Laura Bray
Laura Bray lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband, their daughter, and a guinea pig named Oreo. She loves to create beautiful and functional projects with felt. To see more of her craft projects, visit her blog at www.laurabraydesigns.com.