Back to School is here again and I am happy to share a craft for some fun Mason Jar Note Cards. The cool think about this craft project is that you can make a bunch at one time and style them differently! I made 3 different cards in 1 sitting. Let’s get started…
Here is my supplies list for my “Mason Jar Note Cards”:
- 9” x 12” craft cut of Kunin Classicfelt in Silver Grey (for “jar lid”)
- 9” x 12” craft cut of Classicfelt in Lagoon (for “jar”)
- Felt was cut with the “Canning Jars 3-D” die from Sizzix XL Die by Eileen Hull Designs
- Fast Grab Aleene’s Tacky Glue or Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Cardstock or a set of plain greeting cards (you can get them at the craft store) and envelopes
- Plain kraft label stickers (I got mine in the Target dollar spot)
- Optional: Expressionery personalized stamps or any stamps
First you need to cut you felt pieces, here are the pieces you need:
- Cut your felt pieces and lay them on the large Sizzix XL die. You can cut up to 3 pieces of felt at a time. I ran BOTH my Silver Grey and Lagoon pieces at the same time.
- Option: If you do not have a die cutting machine – you can cut these by hand. I suggest you make a pattern using a thin cardboard. Be creative – I know you can make this with your free hand too.
Adhere the felt pieces to the card using Fast Grab Tacky Glue or hot glue, I recommend this order:
- Determine if you want to wrap the twine around the jar at this point, it will be hard to wrap it once the jar is glued to the card.
- Apply hot glue to the cardstock and then lay down the Lagoon Jar die cut
- Apply hot glue to the top of the Jar die cut and then lay down the Silver Grey die cut
- Add your twine bow (or tag) onto the jar lid with a small dab of hot glue
Use your stamps and a plain kraft labels to include a fun sentiment on your jar. Once you have stamped your label – add it to the front of your jar.
Your teacher will be so excited to have a cute card to leave on her desk.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Owner of Mothership Scrapbook Gal
Founder of Crafty Happy Hour
FUN NEWS: I just opened a creativity studio!!! If you live near Fresno, California – stop by my studio to say hello and craft with me, it is located at 1419 M Street in Downtown Fresno. It is open every month on First Thursday (5 pm – 8 pm) and Second Saturday (Noon to 4 pm).