I am so excited to share a new craft for a Simple Greeting Cards using the new Eileen Hull Heartfelt Collection for Sizzix. The Heartfelt Collection Die that I am using is “Birds and Butterflies” and these are perfect die cuts for greeting cards such as “Thinking of You”, Sympathy, Birthday and “Just Because”.
Here is my supplies list for the greeting card:
- Kunin Classicfelt in Fuschia
- Kunin Classicfelt in Yellow
- Kunin Classicfelt in Orange
- Kunin Classicfelt in Apple Green
- Cream/off white card stock for card
- Glitter cardstock
- All of the butterflies were diecut with Classicfelt (9” by 12”) using a Sizzix Big Shot and Cutting Pads.
- Eileen Hull Heartfelt Collection for Sizzix
- Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 6PK – Birds & Butterflies – Item #661901
- Fast Grab Aleene’s Tacky Glue or Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Optional: Stamps for outside or inside of card
To begin, select about 2-3 different and coordinating colors of Kunin Classicfelt.
Next, cut your felt butterflies with a Sizzix Big Shot and the new Eileen Hull Heartfelt Collection dies. To cut Kunin Felt using Sizzix Thinlit dies I recommend that you run the dies through the machine 2 times – this means you can run the dies with a crank forward and then backwards. You will hear the felt cut (a crunch sound) when you run the Big Shot forward.
Once your die cuts are ready to go, you can now adhere your die cuts using either Fast Grab Aleene’s Tacky Glue or a hot glue gun. After you have glued down your die cuts, you can add a stamped sentiment to your card on the outside (be sure to leave room for it, or stamp it before you adhere your die cuts) or the inside.
I always try to make a batch of 4-6 greeting cards and use them to send to friends or to give as gifts. Everyone loves to receive greeting cards in the mail.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin® Classicfelt; Kunin® Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Owner of Mothership Scrapbook Gal
Founder of Crafty Happy Hour