I found this old window and have been saving it for a long time wondering what to do with it. Because we like to decorate for everything in this house, we made a felt circle garland for it. Garlands are a fantastic way to use up your “scrap” pieces of felt from larger projects. Today I added a Happy Birthday piece to it and it is totally darling.
- 9″ x 12″ craft cuts Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt: (1 of each) Candy Pink, Neon Green, Yellow, Red, Orange, Kelly Green, Lagoon, Purple, Blue
- 3-5 yds Twine, ribbon or string
- Lemonade Alphabet Die by Laura Kelly for Sizzix (www.sizzix.com)
- Circle Die by Sizzix (www.sizzix.com)
- Fabri-tac or Felt Glue by Beacon (www.beaconadhesives.com)
- Scissors, needle and thread (optional)
I cut the letters out using my Lemonade Alphabet die that I designed for Sizzix.
Then I sewed them to a piece of ribbon. You can use a sewing machine or hand stitch. If you simply do not stitch, you can also use glue. To make the circle garland just cut out lots of circles and glue or sew to twine.
Ta Da! It is darling in a wreath.
However, I really love it added to the window. Next up, I am going to cut out the letters for Back-To-School and change it up for next week! It is crazy to think that summertime is over and school is back in action. The kids are super excited and ready so I guess I can be too. Bring on the classroom projects!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.