Earth day is coming and this is your second chance to enter our amazing give away! Just post a comment here or on our Facebook page. Can you guess how many plastic water bottles were recycled to create this project?
This is a fun interpretation of a rainbow. It would be a great project to do with the family. The hearts could be their favorite colors with their names on them. I added the mini chalkboard to the cloud on a hook and loop fastener so that it could be changed daily. A teaching tool as well for the kids. Kunin felt is mildew, fade proof and weather resistant so it is also ideal for an outside door, fence or hanging from a tree.
I chose from the Premium Eco-fi Plus™ collection as it is a heavier weight for the cloud and some of the hearts.
You will need:
- 12” x 18” craft cuts of Kunin Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt™: 2 White, 1 Pink, 1 Red, 1 Lagoon
- 9” x 12” craft cuts of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt™: 1 Yellow, 1 Green, 1 Orange
- Heart Die by Laura Kelly for Sizzix insert link www.sizzix.com
- Fabri-tac Glue by Beacon insert link www.beaconadhesives.com
- 2/3 yd each of Polka Dot ribbon: yellow, red, green, blue, pink, white, orange
- 2 Hook and loop fasteners
- 1 Small chalk board
- 8 oz. Polyester fiberfill
- Big Shot, scissors, chalk, pencil, ruler, pins, clips, sewing machine and matching thread.
TIP: You can also use fabric glue for entire project.
1. Draw a cloud shape on white felt. Cut out. Use as pattern to draw second cloud shape.
2. Die cut six sets of hearts from each of the colors with the Big Shot.
3. Refer to project photo and pin ribbons between cloud layers along bottom edge spaced evenly.
4. Sew around entire cloud. Remove pins.
5. Cut a 3” slit in center cloud back, stuff. Slipstitch shut. Add a heart to cover stitching if desired.
6. Place hearts on ribbons varying lengths so they are spaced evenly as shown. Glue in place at center top of heart. Trim off remaining extra ribbon or leave it if you like the look and are hanging it in a tree,
7. Glue or sew the white and black polka ribbon to the top back of cloud for hanging.
8. Use hook and loop on back of chalk board and cloud to adhere.
9. Our Earth Day Giveaway
Now comes the fun part for you! We are posting three projects throughout the month on our Facebook page and all you have to do is check out the project and post a guess as to how many bottles we used to produce the felt to make the project. There are three projects to guess on and the person who comes the closest after the three weeks in total is the winner of a wonderful prize package containing our Premium Eco-fi Plus™ felt, Westcott Brand scissors and Sizzix Dies designed by Laura Kelly. A prize package valued at $250.
2nd Project posted tomorrow!
We end the celebration right before Earth Day with a special blog hop, A Day in the Life of Kunin Enthusiasts where we will have a full day blog hop showing how Kunin is part of everyday life all day long!
So join us in a month long celebration of Kunin Ecofi felt products! We would love to see you share on our Facebook page your own outdoor felt projects. Grab a felt craft cut at your local craft store and make your own plastic pot wrap or rainbow cloud!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Here is to celebrating Earth Day all month long!