This week it is all about the Easter decor. A quick and easy festive mantel with an oversize felt board and banner. Add a few spring touches and some bunnies. The large felt board is actually a canvas I keep on the mantel between holidays. It seems like I am always taking it down to decorate for the next holiday. Since I use felt in much of my decorating I decided to just cover the back of the canvas with felt and turn it around for my holiday décor. The more you can reuse items you already have at home especially in seasonal decorating saves you time and money.
Our 9” x 12” craft cuts are a perfect size to cut banner pieces and the ball pom trim adds a whimsical touch!
You will need:
- 1 yard Kunin Eco-FiPlus™ Premiumfelt™, white
- 9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin Eco-Fi™ Prestofelt™, 2 White, 3 Yellow, 3 Black
- Buttons, 5 white, 4 black
- Ball Pom Trim, 2 yards white Expo International https://www.expointl.com/p-2401-classic-ball-fringe-trim.aspx
- Fabri-tac by Beacon www.beaconadhesives.com
- Bunny Die, Sizzix http://www.sizzix.com
- Scissors, ruler, pencil, Big Shot
1. Measure and mark the center of the Prestofelt yellow and white pieces. Draw a line from each upper corner to the center mark. Cut along the lines for each banner piece. Do not remove backing. The banner hangs better with the extra stiffness of the backing.
2. Space banner pieces evenly. Glue to the ball pom trim. Glue on buttons.
3. Cover canvas back with white to create felt board. Cut felt 1” wider on all sides to overlap. Overlap and glue around sides of canvas or tape for easy removal.
4. Die bunnies from black Prestofelt. Remove paper backing and adhere to top of felt board. They will easily come off to be reused.
Hang banner. Place canvas on mantel. Layer chalkboard, other spring and Easter décor items. Enjoy!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Thanks for stopping by!