I love that it is spring! It makes me feel like bringing out the tea cups and cake plates and fancy silverware. I love a good cupcake display so I created these felt mini cupcakes to put on my favorite cake plates. Luckily these are fat-free!
- 9”x 12” craft cuts Kunin Eco-fi® Fancifelt™
- 9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin Eco-fi® Classicfelt™
- 12” x 18” craft cuts Kunin Eco-Fi PLUS Premium Felt
- Scissors and Pinking Shears by Westcott Brand
- Hot Glue Gun
1.) Cut a strip of felt from the 12” x 18” felt sheet. The width should be as tall as you want the cupcake to be. For a 4” tall cupcake, cut a 4” strip of felt.
2. Add a line of glue along one side of the strip.
3. Fold the strip in half lengthwise, pressing the other end of the felt into the strip of glue.
4. Roll the strip into a cinnamon roll shape.
5. Glue the end of the strip onto the roll to secure it in place.
6. You can use a cupcake wrapper for this but in keeping with the felt theme, I made a wrapper with felt. Use pinking shears to cut a 2” x 9” strip of Kunin Eco-fi® Fancifelt™.
7. Apply hot glue to one end of the strip.
8. Press the felt roll to the strip and wrap around the felt roll.
9. Add hot glue to the felt roll and press the strip (wrapper) all the way around the roll.
10. Insert a pretty stick pin in a bead and press into the top of the cupcake as a “cherry”.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
You can use these as decorations, party favors, or even as fun pin cushions!
See more projects like this on my blog at Just JP.