Every month brings something to celebrate. Soon it will be Spring and time to celebrate Mom! Busy moms cherish a few minutes to sit with a cup of their favorite coffee or tea. How special to have a pretty flower coaster to use while having a few minutes to sit and relax. Pretty, simple and easy. Make a few for other special women for Mother’s Day. Choose colors of our felt to co-ordinate with any kitchen décor.
You will need:
- 9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin Eco-Fi™ Classicfelt™, 1 White, 1 Candy Pink, 1 Lagoon or Peacock
- 1 Button
- Embroidery Floss, white, teal
- Felt adhesive
- Scissors, ruler, circle templates, 2”, 2 ¼”, 2 ½”, 4”, embroidery needle
1. Cut out two 4” circles from white, one of each 2”, 2 ¼” and 2 ½” from pink. Cut out four 1 ½” by 2 ½” leaf shapes from lagoon or peacock.
2. Clip and notch 2” flower circle. Clip remaining two circles.
3. Place leaf shapes and white circles together. Outline stitch.
4. Layer flower circles. Stitch through all layers sewing button to center.
5. Glue leaves to edge of coaster. Add flower covering top of leaves. Glue flower in place.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.