The Christmas vacation is exciting for kids with all the festivities but they also are looking for things to do. Over the holidays we had six of our oldest grandlittles here. They love to do crafts. I decided it would be fun for them to each create a mini felt board using Laura Kelly’s Me and My Peeps dies for Sizzix. (www.sizzix.com) The dies have both boy and girl characters with clothes and accessories. It was easy to die cut a whole pile of patterned and plain pieces from felt craft cuts.
The smiles tell it all, they had such fun!
We have finished a new loft in our house with a great big table perfect for them all to gather around to do crafts.
This is a craft ideal for all year round as the Peeps have both summer and winter clothes.
To create a mini felt board you will need:
- 9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin Eco-Fi™ Prestofelt™, 1 White, assorted colors
- 9’ x 12” craft cuts Kunin Eco-Fi™ Classicfelt™, assorted colors
- 9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin Eco-Fi™ Printzfelt™, assorted patterns
- Me and My Peeps Boy, Girl BigZ Dies and Big Shot by Sizzix
- 8” x 10” canvas
- Buttons, fabric markers, scissors, felt glue
- Peel and stick the white piece of Prestofelt to cover the canvas front.
- Cut each piece of felt in half lengthwise, this will go through the die cut machine perfectly. Die cut as many characters and pieces as needed.
- To die cut extra pieces without cutting out more bodies just cut felt in half again and place on lower half of die only.
- Set up the table with a canvas for each child and add the embellishments.
(Tip: The Prestofelt lifts off easily so they can keep accessorizing their Peep.)
The grandlittles had such a good time and a couple of them requested gift wrap so they could surprise their parents!
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is available in your area.
Thank you for stopping by! Happy New Year!