July 10th, the new Minion movie is out, introducing Stuart, Kevin and Bob! We are celebrating all week starting with this “Stuart” Minion Memo Board and later this week, a Minion costume for the premiere party night!
So what is a Minion exactly? I know there is probably no one who doesn’t know but here is the official definition. “Evolving from single-celled organisms at the dawn of time, Minions live to serve, but find themselves working for a continual series of unsuccessful masters, from T.Rex to Napoleon. Without a master to grovel for, the Minions fall into a deep depression. But one minion Kevin, has a plan; accompanied by his pals Stuart and Bob, Kevin sets forth to find a new evil boss for his brethren to follow. Their search leads them to Scarlet Overkill, the world’s first ever super villainess.”
So let’s get started making “Stuart” this fun memo board!
Here is what you need:
- 9” x 12” Artist Canvas
- 9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin Eco-fi Prestofelt™, 2 Yellow, 1 White, 1 Black
- 9” x 12” craft cuts Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt™, 1 Blue (choose from Cadet, Neon or Brilliant)
- ¾” Black Button
- 1 Mason jar top
- Fabri-tac Adhesive www.beaconadhesives.com
- Scissors, paper, chalk, Sharpie fine point marker, ruler
1. Fold a yellow piece in half lengthwise paper side out, curve upper corner with marker and cut. Use as pattern guide for second piece of yellow. Use the mason jar lid as pattern piece for white, cut a circle. Cut a strip of black felt 1” x 12”. From one end of black strip draw a curved mouth 1” by 2”. Cut a 2” by 12” piece off the blue. From that piece cut off 2 ½”. Fold in half, at the 1” mark cut an angle to the center to create a pocket shape.
2. Measure 6” down from top of canvas. Peel off backing from one yellow piece; adhere at the 6” mark so that the curved portion extends beyond the top of canvas. Repeat for second piece of yellow for back, aligning with first yellow piece. Place blue piece across bottom of canvas overlapping yellow by ¼”, glue sides and bottom at back.
3. Refer to photo for placement of features. Glue pocket to center front. Draw stitch lines with marker. Peel and stick white eye to center front. Adhere black strips on either side of eye, trimming to size. (This will cover the ridge in the head from the canvas.) Glue black button in place. Glue mason cover over white eye. Peel and stick mouth in place. Add a loop of ribbon or press and stick hooks to back for hanging. Stuart is ready!
If you enjoyed this fun Minion project check out this Pinterest board for more crafty Minion projects.
You can now find an expanded color line of Kunin Eco-fi Classicfelt; Eco-fiPlus™ Premiumfelt and ShaggiChic non-wovens fabrics in cut by the yard at your local Walmart; please inquire as to what is
available in your area.
Thank you for stopping by!