Summertime brings backyard BBQ’s and outdoor picnics, holiday gatherings. With Memorial Day weekend coming up I wanted to create a festive table covering and centerpiece. Felt is ideal for outdoor table décor. I chose the Eco-fi Plus™ felt in white. “Eco-fi Plus is an 8-ounce premium felt that uses natural silver and copper cleansing ions to resist mold, mildew, and odor and is made from recycled plastic bottles.”
You will need:
- 2 yards of 72” wide, cut by the yard Kunin Eco-fi Plus™, White (based on 4’ table)
- 9” x 12” craft cuts of Kunin Prestofelt, 4 Red, 4 Royal Blue
- Laura Kelly Flower die by SizzixEllison (www.sizzix.com)
- Big Shot diecut machine, scissors, ruler, pins, pencil, paper, chalk, rotary cutter, cutting mat
1. Cut white to desired width and length for table.
2. Cut pieces of Prestofelt the size of the die. Now to make a “Sizzix Sandwich”! Place the die face up on one of the cutting pads, add the “filling”, the felt and place the second cutting pad on top. Now place the “Sizzix Sandwich” on the Big Shot and slowly push through turning the handle away from you.
3. Arrange flowers on tablecloth. Add centers where desired. I left some without centers.
This is an easy way to dress up outdoor tables. The flowers will peel off for washing the felt tablecloth. Die cut a variety of shapes to add to the table. Have fun with the kids; give them a bunch of die cut shapes to stick on their special table.
You can now find Kunin Classic and Eco-fi Plus™ cut by the yard at your local Walmart.
Want to create the fun centerpiece on the table to add to your backyard entertaining, check out my blog www.debraquartermain.com/ceoblog/view/1121. This week I am taking part in a special blog hop, the CHA PaperArts + Blog Hop and you can hop along to win a $500 gift card!
Here is to a creative, crafty summer of celebrations!