My brother and his family recently moved to Tampa and are remodeling their new home. My niece and nephew are excited to decorate their rooms from scratch. This Monogram Door Décor would be PERFECT for my niece’s bedroom door! These panels are so quick and easy to create that they would also make an excellent house warming or Holiday gift – just change the colors and patterns of felt and the possibilities are ENDLESS!
Materials and Supplies:
• Kunin Rainbow Classicfelt 9″ by 12″ Cadet Blue – One Sheet
• Kunin Printzfelt 9″ by 12″ Paisley – Two Sheets
• Smoothfoam 12″ by 12″ by 5/8″ Scrapbook Page Mount – One
• Decorative Trimmings 5/8″ Rayon Ric Rac Lime – 48″ length
• Beacon Adhesives Felt Glue
• Americana Paints by DecoArt Baby Blue and Wild Orchid, Scissors, Scalloped Pinking Shears, Ruler, Pencil or Pen, Green Ribbon – 16″ length for hanger, Paint Brush
1.) Paint monogram initial Wild Orchid, let dry. Paint four edges of Smoothfoam Scrapbook Page Mount Baby Blue, let dry.
2.) Measure and cut with straight scissors both Paisley felt sheets 6″ by 12″. Measure and cut with scalloped pinking shears Cadet Blue felt sheet 3″ by 12″.
3.) Apply Felt Glue to Smoothfoam, line up edges and apply Paisley felt to top half and bottom half. Apply Cadet Blue felt strip to center of Smoothfoam to cover seam in felt. Trim excess felt from edges, if necessary.
4.) Attach Lime Ric Rac to four edges of Smoothfoam, let dry. Tie a bow in the center of the 16″ of green ribbon, flip Smoothfoam over and attach tails with Felt Glue to create a hanger, let dry.
5.) Attach monogram initial to front of panel, let dry. Hang and enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by – Beth